Oncology (General Cancer)/Maybe you know whats wrong with my son

Question
I have taken my son to see his doctor multiple times plus visits to three different hospitals since August and i still dont have answers! He is 5 years old and has been suffering from reaccuring headaches, fevers and leg pain for 8 months and its getting worse! When it first started there would be a few weeks to a month between "episodes" and would last a few hours to a day. Now it is happening a week apart and today we are on day three. His syptoms have gotten worse as well. His headaches cause vision problems. He says it looks likes things are wiggeling. He complains about stomache pain. He wont eat. He lost 7 lbs. He says everything hurts. Head, stomach,  legs, back, arms and neck. Sometimes his legs hurt so bad he cant walk. He sleeps a lot. I demanded blood test the last time he i took him to his doctor. They tested for mono and tick bourne illness. All negative. When i took him to the hospitals they all blew it off  for a "virus thats going around". There are four of us in the home. Besides one or two colds noone else has been sick. Again this has been happening a few weeks since August!!!! Im losing my mind! My son is sick and no one seems to be worried about it and its getting worse. In fact we went to the hospital again today and was sent home with motrin, which doesnt help by the way. No tests were done. I understand this may not be your field but Imasking everybody and hoping someone can help. Thank you"

Answer
No this is probably not my field. But since he has head aches and vision problems take him to a pediatric neurologist in private practice and ask for a thorough check up! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.