Oncology (General Cancer)/urine culture

Question
sir i am 15 year boy one morning i saw my urine was bright red in colour i have no pain and other problem it lasted only for 1 day i feel well next day i went to doctor blood test urine microscopic test and ultrasound all were normal i take 1 more time urine microscopic test it was also normal i saw in net that blood in urine without pain is sign of cancer i am afraid my ultrasound od abdomen was normal what could be the cause of that day urine

Answer
At your age cancer of the urine tract is extremely rare!So even if I can not tell you with any certainty what caused the temporary red colour of your urine I can tell you what most probably was not its cause and that is cancer since it is VERY unlikely in your case. Besides such colouring of the urine can be caused for example by some food stuffs and food additives. And that is a most likely cause in your case. Since all your tests have turned out negative (not showing anything to be wrong) I do think you can feel safe and now can relax! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.