Oncology (General Cancer)/urine

sir one moring i found my urine colur was light bright red in colour
not when i urinating it was found when i collected it in mug
there was no pain or other symptoms
i went to doctor test of urine rbc was normal blood test was normal and ultrasound of abdomen as normal my age is 15 year
a friend toll me it could be symptoms of bladder cancer
is it true

red urine can come from blood, from broken blood cells (hemolysis) or from something you ate (beets, for example).  While blood can be a symptom of bladder cancer, as well as kidney cancer, it is much more commonly a symptom of a kidney stone or a bladder infection. At age 15 these are not at all likely.  I would suggest you not worry about it unless it happens again.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years