Oncology (General Cancer)/lymph nodes swoolen 2cm and larger for awile now

I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck and groin area for quite some time ive been to the doctor which she gave a a ultrasound on my groin and they were all larger than 2cm but she said she didn't think they were cancer and said i was fine but everyone on my dads side has died from cancer before there 60 and 2 of them have died from so kind of cancer involving lymph nodes . the only other symptoms that i have is im tired alot and get these bad head aces sometimes ,, i do have bad teeth but dose that make ur lymph nodes swollen in groin are i just know what to do i fell like crazy cause my doctor says its normal but i don't know anyone with those on there body

Lymph nodes can be swollen for many reasons.  Groin nodes are often slightly swollen in men and women, and neck nodes may be swollen in young people.  Bad teeth don't usually cause swelling in the neck nodes.  "Benign" swelling is generally less than 2 cm.  If nodes are swollen on both sides of the neck and the nodes are larger than 2 cm, I would recommend a biopsy.  It still may be that they are benign, but that's what I'd do.  If you are tired a lot, there are all kinds of reasons, as is true for the headaches.  They may not have anything to do with the nodes.  I think you are right to be concerned and maybe you should see another doctor.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years