Oncology (General Cancer)/Medicine

Is it possible in a  breast cancer to involve chest wall without involving pectoralis major. If so in which type of breast cancer

If you are talking about the deep tissues beneath the pectoralis major, it would be very unusual.  It would almost require that the breast cancer cells got there through the bloodstream, rather than by local invasion, in which case you would have metastatic disease.  Pectoralis major involvement is almost always due to local invasion and tissue destruction.  That is more common with adenocarcinoma than with lobular carcinoma.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years