Oncology (General Cancer)/Mole on bottom of foot

Picture 1
Picture 1  

Picture 2
Picture 2  
I recently noticed a very new mole on the heel of my left foot. I was wondering if I should get it checked (I do not have health insurance)? It's pretty dark brown (almost black). It's splotchy on the edge of one side.

I can't tell from looking at it, but if it is new, I'd have someone look at it.  If you can't find a way to get that done, measure it carefully, and re-measure it every two weeks.  If it increases in size (by 25% or more) then get attention.  There are other things it might be, including a "blood blister" that is resolving, or a benign mole.  But new moles are always worrisome.  
Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years