Oncology (General Cancer)/Pancreatic Cancer

My wife has stage 4 Pancreatic cancer that has mestasis to the liver. She was diagnosed in 2010, and has had a whipple surgery, radioembolization, and various chemo therapies.
She had just started a round of chemo, that was working, when her belliruben raise to 15. She had bilary drains (2) installed, but the number still didn't receed. The Doctors she was seeing has stated that no chemo can start until the number is 2. They have suggested Hospice. I was wondering if there is anything else that we may try to prevent the cancer from taking her life?

I'm sorry to read about her situation! Unfortunately in this situation there is not much I can recommend. I'm sorry I have nothing better to tell you!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

Questions concerning Cancer, Oncology, radiation Therapy, Tumours, Chemotherapy, Cytotoxic Drugs, Hormonal Therapy, Radiation Protection.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: http://www.lifestylerescue.com/expert/health-fitness-advice/dr-claes-gustaf/128 I have no restrictions in the number of questions there. I also answer questions in these other categories: General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy