Oncology (General Cancer)/Sun spot?

Thanks for taking the time to read my question. Within the past month a spot on the side of my face has been darkening in coloring and growing in size. It is on the side of my face near my temple and upper cheek bone. The texture is similar to that of normal skin. I've had people comment that it looks like someone punched me in the face and I am left with a light bruise. It isn't too dark, but you can tell the spot is slowly getting larger and darker over time. I have a similar mark on the other side of my face that grew in size and color, but appeared more brown than bruised. I know you can make any decisions over the computer without a proper exam, but I was wondering if these sound like sun spots or some type of cancer to you? They appear to seem like sun spots, except that they have been changing over the last month noticeably. I am scheduled to see a dermatologist, but was wondering if you had any ideas?

It is good that you are letting a dermatologist check your problem since that is the only way to go. Without an examination I can not tell you anything of value otherwise. No one can. Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

Questions concerning Cancer, Oncology, radiation Therapy, Tumours, Chemotherapy, Cytotoxic Drugs, Hormonal Therapy, Radiation Protection.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: http://www.lifestylerescue.com/expert/health-fitness-advice/dr-claes-gustaf/128 I have no restrictions in the number of questions there. I also answer questions in these other categories: General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy