Oncology (General Cancer)/testicular cancer

A friend has this disease he is being treated at the Royal Marsden it has spread very badly he has already had two major operations and is due to have another in a few weeks they said last time he had specks of cancer on his mesentery and other places which are inoperable I think he is in a very bad way and only in his early thirties. Who is the world expert I presume in oncology as it has spread very badly or is the Marsden as good as it gets particularly interested in USA as they are normally ahead of UK

The Royal Marsden is about as good as it gets in the UK, though you could call Dr Thomas Powles at Barts Cancer Centre for another opinion. If you want to talk with someone in the US, there are three: Dr Feldman at Memorial Sloan Kettering, Dr Einhorn at Indiana University and Craig Nichols at Virginia Mason in Seattle.

All of these doctors are listed here: http://tcrc.acor.org/experts.html

While the oncologists in the UK are very good, they sometimes to take a different approach than in the US. I venture to say that the surgeons in the US are probably better, if you go to one of these locations...

Oncology (General Cancer)

Doug Bank

I know a great deal about all aspect of testicular cancer. I am a testicular cancer survivor, and have run a testicular cancer website since 1996. If I do not know the answer to a question, I have access to a number of my own world-class experts to get the correct answer. Please note that I am not an expert when it comes to other cancers. If your question involves something other than testicular cancer or a cancer of that general region, please ask another expert.

I am a survivor of Stage I nonseminoma, diagnosed in 1992. I have been helping testicular cancer patients online ever since. I also run the non-profit Testicular Cancer Resource Center

BS from MIT, MBA from Northwestern