Oncology (General Cancer)/Melanoma - Very Important

Please have a look at the pictures. I noticed my mole had changed
a couple of months ago, but I didnt know what Melanoma was, so I dismissed
it. A few days ago, the region where my mole is located, upper arm,
Im feeling a slightly burning sensation. Can you please help.

It doesn't look like a melanoma to me.  The edges appear relatively smooth and there is a hair growing out of it; and it doesn't have the "heaped up" appearance.  I would measure the dimensions with a ruler, and check it weekly for a couple of weeks.  If there is obvious increase in size (by 25% or more( then I'd consult a physician.  If it stays the same, I'd just keep an eye on it.  I don't think it is the reason for the burning sensation.  Sometimes when you get worried about something, your mind can play tricks on you.  If it is driving you crazy, though, see a doctor just so that your concerns can be addressed.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years