Oncology (General Cancer)/oral hpv

hello dr,i have a question about hpv,can get hpv from french kiss?and is hpv virus in salvia?

Someone who has active disease could transmit the virus by saliva, but generally this isn't highly likely.  The enzymes in saliva and the other barriers in the mouth usually make it hard for viruses to get into the blood stream that way, unless there is an open sore or bad teeth, etc.  So it could happen, but probably wouldn't.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years