Oncology (General Cancer)/root canal and breast cancer

Root canal April and again in may 2013 and sad to say ever since I have had nothing but pain and after antibiotic I am reduced to a constant throbbing type pain. I am also a cancer victim of left breath on 99 and uterine and thyroid cancer in 2011. My ct scan in march of 2013 only showed a cyst in the eight o'clock position which was aspirated and was not cancer. My mammogram at that time showed no other concerns and was to go back for a follow up which I did dec 19th that mammogram showed two spots in the ten o'clock one being in the lymph node needle biopsy shows cancer. Now here's my question could the root canal caused the breast cancer in my right breast since the root canal is on that side? Please don't think this a crazy question I am so serious

We can find no evidence of an association between a root canal procedure and breast cancer.  On the other hand, people with uterine cancer and with previous breast cancer have a higher likelihood of getting another breast cancer.  So while the root canal is certainly a problem to you (and if it's still causing pain, I'd consult another dentist) it would not have anything to do with your breast cancer.  I hope you will do well with the treatments prescribed.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years