Oncology (General Cancer)/12mm lung nodule

I had a ct done they found a 12mm noncalcifed nodule on my upper left lobe.I am 44yrs old .Exsmoker quit in 2007.Smoked pretty heavy a pack in a half from 15 to around 36 yrs of age. I took blood work for valley fever it came back negative. The internet scares me it says theres a 50% chance it could be cancer.My Ct said suspecouse .I did see a lung doctor and am scheduled for a ct biopsy but I have been so depressed and scared. Is 12mm big?Does the calcification matter? How much of the internet is correct?My primary doctor was worried but the pulmonary doctor didn't seem to worried

12 mm is close to half an inch. An inch is 25.4 mm. Without a biopsy it is impossible to tell you what this is. That is why a biopsy is necessary. It may be cancer but that is not certain. Sorry we have to wait for the biopsy result. Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

Questions concerning Cancer, Oncology, radiation Therapy, Tumours, Chemotherapy, Cytotoxic Drugs, Hormonal Therapy, Radiation Protection.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: http://www.lifestylerescue.com/expert/health-fitness-advice/dr-claes-gustaf/128 I have no restrictions in the number of questions there. I also answer questions in these other categories: General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy