Oncology (General Cancer)/- Swollen lymph gland

Question
Swollen underarm lymph gland

While showering today I noticed a bump under my left underarm.  It feels hard and rubbery and painful if I squeeze it a little.  Slightly larger than a marble.  No fever, loss of weight,  headaches, etc.  Could this be lymphoma?  I ask because what I found on the web stated that if on had an lymphatic infected gland it would be not be painful, as mine is.  I am scheduled to have my annual physical in two weeks.  

Wondering if I should move it up.

Please advise.

Answer
I wouldn't worry about moving your physical up.  First, what you feel is probably an infected sweat gland, and it may very well open and drain.  Second, even if it is a lymphoma, two weeks aren't going to make a difference in outcome.  Give it a little time and see what happens, and if it's still there in two weeks by all means talk to your MD about it.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.