Oncology (General Cancer)/Swollen underarm lymp gland

Swollen underarm lymph gland

While showering today I noticed a bump under my left underarm.  It feels hard and rubbery and painful if I squeeze it a little.  Slightly larger than a marble.  I have no fever, loss of weight,  headaches, etc.  Could this be possibility lymphoma?  I ask because what I was able to find on the web stated that if on had an lymphatic infected gland it would be not be painful, as mine is.  I am scheduled to have my annual physical in two weeks.  Wondering if I should move it up.

Please advise and many thanks.

That must be a misunderstanding! The fact that it is painful, sore, tender makes it more probable that we are dealing with an infection/inflammation and not a lymphoma! But also an infection may need treatment so my advice to you is that you should let your doctor check this soonest! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

Questions concerning Cancer, Oncology, radiation Therapy, Tumours, Chemotherapy, Cytotoxic Drugs, Hormonal Therapy, Radiation Protection.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: http://www.lifestylerescue.com/expert/health-fitness-advice/dr-claes-gustaf/128 I have no restrictions in the number of questions there. I also answer questions in these other categories: General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy