Oncology (General Cancer)/Lump on left front 4" from navel

Question
I have a tender lump inside the front left of my body about 4" from the navel, is there an organ there so it can be cancer or is it more likely a cyst

Answer
If it is tender, round and movable (you didn't mention how large it is) it is probably a cyst.  I would suggest applying heat to it for 20 minutes twice a day. Cysts generally resolve.  If it doesn't go away in a couple of weeks, have a doctor take a look.  I don't think from your description that this is cancer.  Of you can't feel something in the skin itself, and the lump is below the skin, it could be something else.  If it doesn't go away, have it checked out.  I can't tell much from your description, but it probably won't hurt to give it a litte time.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.