Oncology (General Cancer)/Lump on left front 4" from navel

I have a tender lump inside the front left of my body about 4" from the navel, is there an organ there so it can be cancer or is it more likely a cyst

If it is tender, round and movable (you didn't mention how large it is) it is probably a cyst.  I would suggest applying heat to it for 20 minutes twice a day. Cysts generally resolve.  If it doesn't go away in a couple of weeks, have a doctor take a look.  I don't think from your description that this is cancer.  Of you can't feel something in the skin itself, and the lump is below the skin, it could be something else.  If it doesn't go away, have it checked out.  I can't tell much from your description, but it probably won't hurt to give it a litte time.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years