Oncology (General Cancer)/How to overcome fear of HIV?!

Question
Age: 14
Gender: male
I am aware that this is not oncology related but more apropriate experts on vacation.  I was forced into two unprotected sexual encounters with two males as a kid, once anal and once oral. I then read on a website that 1 in 5 males who have sex with another male get HIV. This is driving me crazy. I am also too embarrassed to ask my parents to let me get tested. Please Help! I can't function.

P.S.

one of them was a teenager and the other was the same age as me

Answer
I don't think you need to worry.  HIV manifests itself within six months of the encounter.  By now you should have symptoms -- frequent infections, a certain type of skin cancer -- and if you haven't got those kinds of things you are home free.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.