Oncology (General Cancer)/How to overcome fear of HIV?!

Age: 14
Gender: male
I am aware that this is not oncology related but more apropriate experts on vacation.  I was forced into two unprotected sexual encounters with two males as a kid, once anal and once oral. I then read on a website that 1 in 5 males who have sex with another male get HIV. This is driving me crazy. I am also too embarrassed to ask my parents to let me get tested. Please Help! I can't function.

one of them was a teenager and the other was the same age as me

I don't think you need to worry.  HIV manifests itself within six months of the encounter.  By now you should have symptoms -- frequent infections, a certain type of skin cancer -- and if you haven't got those kinds of things you are home free.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years