Oncology (General Cancer)/Lymphnode?

Question

FIrst off I am not sure what expertise would be the right fit but since Cancer is what I am most concerned about I thought I would start here.  I am a 30 year old male.  I recently found a hard painful bump the size of a pea on the back of my ear, almost where the lobe meets the rest of the ear.  I know there are lymphnodes on the head behind the ear but are there any nodes on the actual ear?  This bump is on the actual ear. I do get body acne in weird places so I am hoping its something that simple.

Thanks

Answer
I think you have a sebacious cyst rather than a tumor or a lymph node.  That would be related to the acne.  I would suggest hot packs and if nothing changes over a week or so, you might want your doctor to investigate further.  Normally a physician can tell a cyst from a solid mass by feeling it, and if it is a cyst, a simple drainage procedure can handle the problem.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.