Oncology (General Cancer)/Mole

Pic 1
Pic 1  

Pic 2
Pic 2  

I'm a male, 33 years old.

I have a question about a mole I have. I looked at it a couple a days ago and took a pic of it (called Pic 1).

Pic 2 is from July 2013.

They don't itch, bleed or I haven't noticed any change. But then I looked at a pic from 2009 and then there were only one mole (the one on the left on pic 1 was there then)

I know it's usual to get moles up until you're about 30 right? And i'm sure I have had both of them for around 3 years.

So my questions are;

1) Do they look ok to you at present stage?

2) If they look ok to you, does it matter that I didn't have one of them in 2009?

3) If dangerous, shouldn't it have changed somewhat from July until now (around 9 months)? To me they look about the same on both pics (if you take in to account differen't lighting and distance of the camera, also pic2 is taken with a iphone the other with a good camera.)

About 1 1/2 ago I saw a Dermatologist who looked at my back and couldn't find anything. But I'm light skinned and have quite many moles. I don't tan at all therefore. No history in my family of melanoma.

Du kan mycket väl skriva till mig på svenska! Men eftersom Du frågat på engelska så svarar jag på samma språk. Since you have asked in English I will answer in the same language and not in Swedish. Unfortunately your pictures alone are not enough to answer your questions. I can not see any obvious signs of malignancy or suspected malignancy. But on the other hand I have not enough information to give you a sure, clear & certain verdict. With a pale skin and with moles or freckles you should avoid larger amounts of sunlight and other forms of UV light! Pale native Swedes are not constructed for excessive UV light exposure! So to be sure of what kind of moles you have and to know if there is any risk of malignancy  I strongly suggest that you let a doctor - best a dermatologist -  check you again! Good luck/lycka till!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

Questions concerning Cancer, Oncology, radiation Therapy, Tumours, Chemotherapy, Cytotoxic Drugs, Hormonal Therapy, Radiation Protection.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: http://www.lifestylerescue.com/expert/health-fitness-advice/dr-claes-gustaf/128 I have no restrictions in the number of questions there. I also answer questions in these other categories: General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy