Oncology (General Cancer)/breast cancer

What per cent of all mammograms are positive>

Of women who have screening mammograms, abnormalities will be noted in about 7%.  Often an experienced radiologist can tell which need to be followed up.  Of the patients with abnormalities, more than 9 in 10 will turn out to have benign changes.  Hope this answers your question.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years