Oncology (General Cancer)/Hip Sclerosis & Bump on Shin Bone

Question
I'm a 55 year old female, am obese, am post-menopausal and have Type 2 Diabetes.

Symptoms:
Unexplained Microscopic Hematuria for 2 years
Hard painless swollen lymph node in right groin approx 2"x 3/4"
Hard painless egg size bump on inside of shin bone about 3" above ankle
CT-scan clear except for sclerosis of the right iliac bone

My urologist said all my labs are good and the lymph node looked fine on the CT-scan, that sometimes there is no explanation for blood in urine. My previous CT-scan a year ago showed 2 kidney stones, which I passed, but the sclerosis did not show up on that scan. My GP told me the bump on my shin wasn't anything to worry about. While my right hip has been hurting more lately, I have had chronic hip and low back pain since my 20's due to herniated discs. So I contributed my the recent increase of pain to my weight and age.

My mother died at 83, three years after being diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and her first symptom was a hard bump about 3" in diameter on her upper chest, so of course I'm worried. Do my symptoms warrant further concern?

Thanking you in advance for you time and any advice you can give me.

One year ago I had a CT-scan for blood in my urine. Two kidney stones were found which I later passed. When I recently went back for my 1 year followup I again had blood in my urine so another CT-scan was ordered. No stones, but this time the report said sclerosis of the right iliac bone. I've had hip pain for years that has always been attributed to my chronic low back problems, though the right hip has been getting worse over the last few months. The first of the year I found a hard painless lump about the size of an egg to the inside of my right shin bone that I brought to my GP's attention and he said it was nothing to worry about. Last month I noticed a hard 2" long lump in my right groin, but my urologist said it looked fine on the CT-scan.

Answer
For your knowledge, Signs and symptoms of multiple myeloma can vary from person to person. Early in the disease, the condition may not cause any symptoms (smoldering multiple myeloma). As the disease progresses, it's likely that you'll experience at least one of the four major problems common to multiple myeloma, which include:

A high level of calcium in your blood. This can occur when calcium from affected bones appears in your blood. High calcium levels cause excessive thirst, nausea, constipation, loss of appetite and confusion.
Kidney (renal) failure. High levels of certain types of abnormal monoclonal proteins (M proteins), which are called light chains or Bence Jones proteins, damage the kidneys.
Anemia-related fatigue. This fatigue occurs as myeloma cells replace oxygen-carrying red blood cells in your bone marrow.
Bone damage and fractures. The type of bone damage in multiple myeloma is referred to as "osteolytic" or "lytic," and appears as "punched out" spots on X-rays. Bone pain is a common symptom, particularly in your back, pelvis, ribs and skull.

Lumps and bumps are not of concern if not accompanied by other dangerous symptoms. If you are thinking of cancer, go through this page: https://sites.google.com/site/drkhalidmunir/pedindex43213

Oncology (General Cancer)

Dr M Khalid Munir