Oncology (General Cancer)/my wife has stage 3 non small cell adenocarinoma of the lungs

Question
the right lung has this in all sector and some in the left lung according to the doctor it is in the limpnods and some leagions on the spine but is not in the brain.I am looking for some answer and the doctor only will say it is bad.Their is a temor in the bottom node of the right lung and she is on a ventilator and has phumonia and is a medical induced coma.she has had several brockascope proceder in the last two days. please forgive the spelling!I would like to know if their is a chance of survival and if their is any real treatment.would it be better to remove the lung and try to treat the cancer in the other lung ?

Answer
It would not help to do surgery, and you couldn't find a legitimate surgeon to do something like that to a person who is on a ventilator.  If she has cancer in both lungs and lymph nodes, her only hope is chemotherapy, which could buy time.  But that could only be given if she can get to the point where she is breathing on her own and able to eat.  I don't know how old she is, but I would agree with your doctors that this sounds very bad.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.