Oncology (General Cancer)/Swollen Parotid Glands

The three main lymph nodes in my face have been swollen for over a month.  In addition I have had all the other symptoms of Lymphoma.  All generic blood work has come back clean.  Finally got in to an ENT who is looking at the blood closer.  They are not infected-only clear saliva comes out when they are expressed.  Antibiotics and prednisone did not work. I know this is premature, but what are the odds it is lymphoma ?  Can the lymphoma symptoms just be a fluke to happen at the same time ?  Thank you very much for your time.

Parotis glands are not lymph nodes but saliva glands - they produce saliva. So if they are swollen it is not a lymphoma sign. Regardless of if it is a lymph node or a saliva gland that is swollen a common cause may be a tumor. To check for that a fine/thin needle aspiration biopsy may be used if available to you where you are. Please do keep me posted!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

Questions concerning Cancer, Oncology, radiation Therapy, Tumours, Chemotherapy, Cytotoxic Drugs, Hormonal Therapy, Radiation Protection.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: http://www.lifestylerescue.com/expert/health-fitness-advice/dr-claes-gustaf/128 I have no restrictions in the number of questions there. I also answer questions in these other categories: General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy