Oncology (General Cancer)/Tender armpit

Hello. I'm 29 and no family history of cancer. Yesterday I had a personal training session, focused on arms. Push ups and planks. I also used a new deodorant that I never used before.
Last night I have a tender spot on my left armpit. Underneath and towards to outside if the armpit closest towards my breast but in the inside of the armpit. It's tender like a bruise. I have palated it at all angles and don't feel a lump or bump. It's just sore. Could this be breast cancer? I read about triple negative presenting this way and I'm panicked.

Early breast cancer only very rarely presents itself with pain. Based on your description and the history of  this incidence it is FAR MORE likely that these symptoms have to do with your training than anything else! I normally in situations like this do not give direct medical advice except suggesting that the questioner should see a doctor. But now I am going to make an exception from that policy! Take 2 to 3 weeks off from your training - I do understand what a stress such an advice must cause you living in Florida etc - but it is the best advice I can give you. If not most of your pain and tenderness have disappeared by the end of the second week let a doctor check you! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

Questions concerning Cancer, Oncology, radiation Therapy, Tumours, Chemotherapy, Cytotoxic Drugs, Hormonal Therapy, Radiation Protection.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: http://www.lifestylerescue.com/expert/health-fitness-advice/dr-claes-gustaf/128 I have no restrictions in the number of questions there. I also answer questions in these other categories: General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy