Oncology (General Cancer)/Euphorbia-Cancer

Whether Euphorbia plants cause cancer ? In our city some people are spreading this news and many are distroying euphorbia plans from their garden. Please give me the clarification

I am going to try to answer this question, but I AM NOT AN EXPERT. I only know what I found on the internet myself.

There are 2100 different species of euphorbia. I have no idea what is growing in your garden or your city. Given that you are in India, it is unlikely that the euphorbia you have is the same as the one in Africa that may indeed increase the risk of cancer.

Euphorbia tirucalli (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphorbia_tirucalli) has been associated with cancer. I would not grow this one. All Euphorbias may be poisonous and the sap should not be touched. Most, though, are basically harmless and can be very pretty.

Here are some other links to look at

Oncology (General Cancer)

Doug Bank

I know a great deal about all aspect of testicular cancer. I am a testicular cancer survivor, and have run a testicular cancer website since 1996. If I do not know the answer to a question, I have access to a number of my own world-class experts to get the correct answer. Please note that I am not an expert when it comes to other cancers. If your question involves something other than testicular cancer or a cancer of that general region, please ask another expert.

I am a survivor of Stage I nonseminoma, diagnosed in 1992. I have been helping testicular cancer patients online ever since. I also run the non-profit Testicular Cancer Resource Center

BS from MIT, MBA from Northwestern