Oncology (General Cancer)/Pregnancy during cancer

Question
QUESTION: I tried doing my research on this subject but can't seem to find much resource. I am aware that pregnancy during cancer is not that common but that it does happen. I was wondering what would be the likely advice doctors will give patients with this case. Another thing I would like to ask about is if the patient decides to not terminate the pregnancy, what are her options? The usual medications most likely will not be used if this happens, I'm aware of that, but are there other drugs that can be use for treatment?
I would greatly appreciate any help you could extend. Thank you so much in advanced.

ANSWER: Well cancer is not one illness, it is many! Without knowing what kind of cancer you have, it's stage and it's treatment it is very difficult or rather impossible to answer your question. Furthermore, abortion techniques are outside my area of expertise here. They are best answered by an expert of gynecology. So to answer I need more information. Welcome back with it!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

QUESTION: Hi! I'm sorry for sending in this late follow-up. I didn't have access to a computer the past week.
The cancer in question is stage 3 melanoma in the leg which has spread on nearby lymph nodes.

Answer
I do not think this will influence an abortion in any big way. But you have to discuss this with an expert of obstetrics & gynecology!
Good luck!

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.