Oncology (General Cancer)/skin B Cell lymphoma

paranasal mass
paranasal mass  
Hello dear professor
With respect
I contact you from asia
Please help us about decision

last year my brother refered to a surgeon
with a paranasal mass  in his face.... after 7 month it relapsed and after biopsy,
the pathology result was :

Skin lesion of nose:
Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma     type: Germinal center

(IHC test is positive for CD20- CD10 & Bcl 6 & negative for CD3-EMA-ALK--1 Bcl 2 AND Mum -1 )
Ki -67 is positive in up to 40% of tumor Cells

after this ... his oncologist recomended a pet ct scan

and the pet ct scan result was NED.there is no Evidence of disease. no Adenopathy in neck and brarin and chest,pelvis. abdomen &skeleton

no pathologic FDG avid lesion in nasal area is seen !!!!
focal FDG uptake (SUV max = 1.6) in left posterolateral cutaneus tissue of gluteal region is noted. clinical correlation is recommended. (that was an acne improved day by day....)

his CBC and LDH AND microglobulin is normal, he didnot experience fever . loss weigh. loss appetite and every thing is ok

forgive me.... but may i ask you about your opinion in this case?
his oncologist believe in radiotherapy (40 GY for 20 days)
and no chemotherapy
is radiotherapy enough?
thats very kind of you dear Proffesor
doctor peyman rezaei

Yes it probably is. So I agree. That radiation therapy plan is probably enough. However he should have regular check ups and if something new of this kind shows up again then he should have chemotherapy! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

Questions concerning Cancer, Oncology, radiation Therapy, Tumours, Chemotherapy, Cytotoxic Drugs, Hormonal Therapy, Radiation Protection.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: http://www.lifestylerescue.com/expert/health-fitness-advice/dr-claes-gustaf/128 I have no restrictions in the number of questions there. I also answer questions in these other categories: General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy