Oncology (General Cancer)/Host

Question
I know I may be in the wrong Topic but any help will be ok.

My Mom is going to have 2 Teeth taken out and snd she has Pulmonary Hypertension.

She has it all under controle with Meds but she did have Cancer on the Tounge 2 Years ago.

She is doing Great and all is well but she may have to go into a Hyperbaric Chamber before and and after for a fue Day.

Would this not make her Pulmonary Hypertension Worse or Increase?

Thanks.

Answer
I don't see that hyperbaric treatment would affect her pulmonary hypertension.  It may be that if she had radiation to the tongue your doctors are worried about wound healing, and radiation makes it hard for blood vessels to deliver enough oxygen, so sometimes hyperbaric treatment is used to improve oxygenation of tissues and help them heal better.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.