Oncology (General Cancer)/gastro oesophagus cancer

My father is diagnosed with poorly differentiated adeno carcinoma of the stomach. We hv consulted a surgical oncologist.... he asks us to do the operation  n get the affected area removed.

But the only problem is that his heart evacuation fraction is only 15 percent which is a cause of concern n no cardiologist is giving a go ahead foe this operation .... wht do u suggest shud we opt for operation ???

In your father's case, anti-angiogenesis therapy can be given as it has almost no side effects. It is safe for heart patients like your father.

You should understand how this treatment works.
Normal angiogenesis is the regulated formation of new blood vessels from existing ones. It is the basis of  several physiologic processes, such as embryonic development, placenta formation, and wound healing.

It is a good example of how a tumour can take control of normal processes and deregulate them to its
In the normal and orderly formation of new blood vessels, endothelial cells receive a stimulatory signal
from angiokinins and secrete specific enzymes such as matrix metalloproteinase (mmp) and heparinase
that result in the dissolution of the extracellular matrix (ecm). The tight junctions between the
endothelial cells are disrupted. The endothelial cells can then project through the newly created spaces
and organize into fresh capillary tubes that grow toward the source of the blood supply.
The induction of new blood vessels provides tumours with a survival advantage. The survival and growth
of cells depends on an adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients and on the removal of toxic products.

Oxygen can diffuse radially from capillaries for only 150–200 μm. When distances exceed this maximum,
cell death follows. Thus, the expansion of tumour masses beyond 1 mm in diameter depends on the
development of a new blood supply—angiogenesis.

An increasing density of tumour vasculature raises the probability that the tumour will metastasize.
Generally, increased microvascular density (“angiogenesis index”) is a significant indicator of poorer
prognosis. Angiogenesis plays a central role in the progression of most solid tumours, including those of
bladder, brain, breast, cervix, colon, lung, and prostate.

Another type of treatment is immunomodulator drugs. These work by strengthening body immune response to suppress cancer. It is better is you send me the details or the 'impression' part of the last diagnostic CT/ MRI/PET reports of your father to me at medlifeasia@gmail.com

Oncology (General Cancer)

Dr M Khalid Munir

I can answer questions about the correct guideline for treatment of cancers to achieve best results. I can analyze signs and symptoms to identify cancer. I can tell about many good treatment methods recognized by American Cancer Society and NIH which have been developed recently through credible cancer research.

I have been working as a Immuno Oncologist since the last five years. I have experience of treating cancer patients through a variety of methods. My patients have been treated with radiation therapy, chemotherapy and surgery. I am also trained in Antiangiogenic therapy, Immunomodulator therapy and Immunotherapy of cancer which is a FDA recognized treatment method and also a known effective modern therapy as per the guidelines of the American Cancer Society (ww.cancer.org). Immunotherapy works by enhancing the body's own defence mechanism hundreds of times. It is used to treat Hepattis and AIDS too.

2. Consultant Immuno Oncologist, Wockhardt Hospital, Hyderabad, India. An associate of Harvard medical international. 3. Ex Care management consultant, Royal Hobart Hospital, Australia. 4. Ex Care management consultant, KGH, Canada. 5. Associate, IAMMS, Aligarh, India (A UNESCO listed organisation).

Medical Doctor with MBBS and Fellowship in Immuno oncology. 2. Fellowship in Dendritic cell therapy from ICT, Noida, New Delhi NCR 3. Member of American Geriatrics Society 4. Having specialised Training in a. Dendritic cell therapy and Chemotherapy b. Hematology c. AIDS prevention d. Geriatric medicine