Oncology (General Cancer)/uterine cancer

Question
biopsy shows a uterine adenocarcinoma. mri shows uterine polypoid lesion. What is the course of action?
Details: Biopsy result - atypical hyperplasia endometrium, possibly well differentiated adenocarcinoma and endocervical polyp with squamous metaplasia. MRI - intermediate T2 signal, polypoid lesion infiltrating into the outer half of the uterine myometrium in the region of the fundus. (3.4 x 2.2 x 2.5 cm). No extension beyond the margins of the uterus. Uter. cervix normal. Tiny intramural and subserous myoma in the posterior wall of uterus. What stage of cancer is this? The attending doctor has not set a course of action yet. I wanted to get a second opinion.

Answer
To get a better picture of this and to decide both the stage and any possible future action I do suggest that your whole womb/uterus including its cervix is surgically removed for further studies by a pathologist, these studies should decide any further action. Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.