Oncology (General Cancer)/Gastric Mass w/ Fatty Liver and Enlarged Spleen

Question
I found out in 2012 that I had a mass in the lesser curvature of my stomach that measured 2.2cm, I was hospitalized for 4 days after an upper endoscopy and never given any answers. In August of this past year (2014) I had a CT that showed the same mass now at 2.8cm along with a fatty liver and enlarged spleen.... as of February of this year 2015 I have found out that not only is the mass still present and my fatty liver is enlarged but my spleen is also enlarged still as well. All of my bloodwork comes back normal but I have a strong family history of cancer and am very worried that I may have some form of cancer. I have studied the causes of an enlarged spleen and been able to rule out mono, sickle cell, and any gallbladder issues. I have a primary that is sending me in for reimaging this upcoming Tuesday. Given that I have had to date 11 abdominal procedures and have these specific issues that are on going I would like to know a realistic view on my chances of having cancer.

Answer
From 2012 to 2014, 2 years, your mass has grown from 2.2 cm to 2.8 come, that is it has grown by 0.6 cm - an inch is 2.54 cm. it is not likely that it is a cancer you have since it is growing quite slowly but it may still be a serious condition. Your case is not one for primary care! You need a specialist, a gastro-enterologist who is also well versed in liver medicine. Seek one immediately! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.