Oncology (General Cancer)/clot formation in mouth.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,

I am 77 & had dental delay at bottom raw,while top raw remained sound.Dentist advised to extract bottom raw teeth,leaving behind two in front for support of denture.
While pulling out two overlapping teeth in front,artillery got punctured.He sealed it,but after couple of days,due to some bleeding,it formed a clot,which was cut removed.Since it was first & only experience,for dentist
it was tested in Pathology lab.& results are negative for cancer.I as i layman do not understand but was told it is only tissue growth.
May I request you to kindly comment on priority on followings:
1.whether such tissue growth is normal because of bleeding?
Dentist after cut removing clot,stitched & now stitches are also removed,as cut part is healed completely.
2.In your opinion,whether any further investigation is required for clot as sample is preserved.
3.would you anticipate any issue on using denture now.
4.would you suggest any precaution,(as I have external enlarged prostate issue,but cancer is ruled out,by Urologist.My frequency of Urination is reduced to 2/3times,since last more than two years,but i am prescribed to take Himplasia & Veltam Plus,each once day for life long.whether you would to suggest some periodic test!)
kindly respond & oblige.
With warm regards,"
anil

ANSWER: 1. Yes and since the pathologist did not find anything dangerous there there is nothing to worry about. 2. No. 3. No, but this is really a question for your dentist! 4. Nothing with regards to your mouth. With regards to your prostate has your urologist done a PSA test on you? If not, have one done! My own prostate cancer was found - by biopsies - thanks to a PSA test.. If such a test is positive in your case I do recommend an MRI scan of your prostate as well as an ultrasound scan. Biopsies can then be guided by the MRI and ultrasound scans. Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

QUESTION: Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your prompt & point wise reply.As far as Cancer doubt is cleared & no other test is required I am extremely happy & obliged.
With respect to Prostate issue,PSA was first checked on 2nd Oct.2012 & it was 7.89.In ultra sound test the enlargement was noticed External.
After drugs treatment & monitoring by Urologist. PSA came down to 3.59 and post voided vol.got reduced from 34% to 14% and peak flow from 14.6 to 9.3ml/s.
Urination frequency had come down from 4/5 times to 2/3 times at night.
This was in March.2013.
Thereafter Sir,I am taking Himplasia & Veltam Plus each once in the morning & night respectively.So far no PSA was checked,as my urination frequency is steady.
I was told that when Dutasteride is taken PSA detected is at half the Value.
So it could be 7.18-which still below 10.
Would you recommend to go for PSA to assess now,as doctor doesn't doubt any Cancer.
Do you anticipate Cancer development after two years under drugs treatment.
I understand PSA is only guide line & not confirmatory.
Your comment & advice will be highly appreciated.
With warm regards,
anil

Answer
Well, my PSA was 8.8 when my prostate cancer was found 7 years ago. I too had a very enlarged prostate and my urologist wanted to explain my PSA  with my enlarged prostate. I admitted that that was a possibility but that I really wanted to KNOW the real situation, not just assume something! So I demanded that he should do prostate biopsies (needle biopsies). So he did it. 8 biopsies in total, 4 in each prostate lobe. Of the 8 there was cancer in 5 of them. So I am rather glad that I was stubborn! I decided to have radiation therapy, no surgery. My PSA is now below 0.05 so not even measurable. I am now 70 years old. So at the time of diagnosis I was 63. The risk of prostate cancer increases with age. You have not told me if your urologist did any biopsies. If not I do recommend that they are done and I do recommend the MRI scan of your prostate to see if there is any sign of any cancer in the scan. Good luck!

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.