Oncology (General Cancer)/Brown spots on feet

Left foot
Left foot  
I just noticed a couple of angry looking dark spots on the bottom of my left foot. The margins seem irregular to me and the spots are large. Picture attached.

How does it look to you? Cancer?

It looks more like an injury than cancer.  What I would do is take another picture after a couple of weeks and see whether there is any growth, in which case I would probably see my MD.  I would also be concerned if you can feel the spots.  (If they are raised).  It would be very unusual to have two melanomas popping up so close to each other and about the same size.  Other malignancies of the skin generally don't occur on the soles of the feet.  Give it a little time and see what happens.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years