Oncology (General Cancer)/white blood cell count.

Question
I was taking anti-biotic for uninary infection.my white blood cell count increased from 7.1 to 10.1 my neutrophils was 77 and lymphocytes was 13.should I be concerned.when you have leukemia your white cell count is how high

Answer
You had a urinary infection! Your white blood cell count level increases in infections/inflammations. The level you mention is normal in such a situation. When you are free of infection and some more time has passed you can check it again. If it is normal then there is nothing to worry about!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.