Oncology (General Cancer)/Lymphoma testicular cancer

Question
I had my right testicle removed August 2015 and got diagnosed with non hogkins lymphoma, I had chemotherapy and radiation on my lone testicle. This has really screwed up my sex drive, cialis is not helping, any suggestions?
Thanks

Answer
I am afraid that I really dont know much about testicular lymphoma. I can infor, however, that based on your comment "this has screwed up my sec DRIVE", that the problem is with the will, not the way. In other words, is the problem that have you lost interest in sex, not that you cannot get hard?  If this is the case, then I would assume that there is a testosterone issue. Have you had any testing done? They should measure testosterone (preferably in the morning, preferably free testosterone) as well as LH, FSH and SHBG. I think these can help to pinpoint the problem - but again, this is outside my expertise.

17% of men who have testicular cancer need some sort of testosterone supplementation to get back to normal. In your case, it is probably worse because the radiation is likely to hurt testosterone production. (what dose did the remaining testicle receive?)

If you have seen no one, try working with your urologist. If your urologist is not responsive, you can try to find another one who is, or you can try your luck with an andrologist or an endocrinologist. The endocrinologist should be well versed in this sort of this, but chances are they aren't. You may have to shop around to find someone who is willing to work with you to get things working again.

Doug

Oncology (General Cancer)

Doug Bank