Oncology (General Cancer)/Inflammatory breast cancer

Both breasts for comparison
Both breasts for compa  

Armpit angle
Armpit angle  
I am 42. Last mammogram was last year.  Right breast started itching like crazy yesterday,  6/19/16. Initially only had the big red blotch and the small one below arm pit. There are several smaller ones popping up now. I also just noticed possible popcorning or orange peel looking texture visible. Both my mom and aunt had breast cancer but not IBC.  Mother did a gene test,  since she has 4 daughters,  to make sure it wasn't genetic and it came back negative.  I just don't want to make a big deal out of nothing but I also don't want to put rash cream on anew aggressive deadly form of cancer.  Thank you for your time.

I think you have an infection, but whatever it is, I would see your doctor.  You may need antibiotics, and there is a small chance (very small) that this is IBC.  If I were your MD, I'd probably refer you to a dermatologist and at some point if standard treatment doesn't work, consider a biopsy.  But I think the pace of your problem and the appearance suggest that this is probably not IBC.  Keep me posted.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years