Oncology (General Cancer)/Oversight

Question
Hey, sorry, I recently wrote you this:

"Alright, so the additional risk isn't too crazy, even if no study of older persons who've had the procedure done haven't been studied?

Also, how would sunburn affect the risk in addition to everything else? I.e. The VCUGs, polythelia, contaminated mushrooms, other x-rays, watching tv with a cathode tube etc. I don't really burn that often, but I get tanned and sometimes my neck feels sensitive after too much time in the sun.

And this one might sound really crazy, but what about the pretty well daily lifelong consumption of mucous? As in picking your nose, then eating whatever's there?"

I forgot to mention that, I also have a habit of chewing and swallowing finger nails and skin, pretty well daily also.

And I used to drink a lot of soda and consume a lot of sugar in general when I was younger, a habit which I've sine really scaled back on. I would guess that has a negative impact on the genitourinary system also, and may increase cancer risk? I guess especially of the kidneys? What with the polythelia-cancer and genitourinary defects association and VCUG stuff, I don't know.

Going back on the sunburn thing, I never really wear sunscreen either. I will start. Is it already a risk? I have certainly never used tanning beds, or have advocated for them.

That's really all this time!

Jesse

Answer
Thanks! Sorry I have no information on these other personal habits either! You are to be congratulated since you have cut down the amounts of soda pop and sugar you have consumed. It is hardly - in spite of what some people are saying - of any big interest in this matter but good for you for other reasons! I wish you a continued good and happy trip!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.