Online Chatting/Married Chat rooms

lee wrote at 2008-04-09 21:14:31
I too would like to find a safe chat room too bad I couldn't talk with this person. So sad that normal people just looking to talk safely have no refuge on this abortion we call the web!

But u never know.Seems like it's set up for freaks & pedifles & nothing for people who are just people who would like to connect with someone they might like to call friend!

arlene wrote at 2008-04-09 21:16:21
Alvin Lee of 10 yrs. after saif it best in " I'd love to change the world bit I don't know what to do"

Shannon Bristow wrote at 2014-07-23 22:44:54
I'm in the same boat. Not looking to hook up and have an affair just friends and swap stories and advice.

Online Chatting

Vena McGrath

As the author of a novel about my life online in chat rooms specifically, and a few adventures into online dating, I can answer almost any question anyone could ask about chatting online. The excitement, the adrenalin rush, the manipulation of the mind, the corruption of morals, the danger of stalking and harrassment online and offline, the lies, the secrets. The reality of this `fantasy` is frightening. My book tells a story that hopefully will make anyone who reads it more wary and chatwise than I was when I stumbled upon chat in late 1999 as a naive woman who didn`t have a clue what a chat room on the internet was. I have spent many hours online counselling men and women with broken hearts, wounded pride, and yes, very real fear. My passion is to try to help eradicate the not so good factors out of chat rooms and make them once again fun places where people feel safe.

My experience commenced in June 1999 in international chat rooms and then a move in late September 1999 to chat rooms in Australia. I am still online, have my own chat room, and my first novel titled 'Secrets, Lies & Chat' was published by American-Book Publishing in 2005 and is now available from my website for a very competitive price. I have also released on my website an eBook which is a revised version of Secrets, Lies & Chat and only costs $4.95 5o download in either word or pdf format.

I belong to many writing organisations online and I belong to the chat room community of BigPond.

Communique - a monthly newspaper produced by the NSW Government Department of Commerce
SMH ICON liftout 'The Net Effect' April 2004
Numerous articles in PoynterOnline
Numerous letters to the editor, SMH
My profile and short stories and articles are all online at and some are posted on my website.

High School Educated
TAFE Secretarial
Numerous OH&S certificates
Numerous Computer related courses