Online Marketing/HTML5

Question

Im interested in using a website builder to build my new website. They use HTML5 editors. I want to find out if using this website builder will help or hurt any SEO efforts down the line. Will google be able to send its bots on the site

Answer
You wont run into a problem with the search engines crawling your site if you are using an HTML5 format.  The problem you will run into is that a lot a browsers still can not read HTML5 completely.
With that said, Google does not seem to like(rank)HTML sites as well as it does other types of sites, especially WordPress based websites.  The layout and content potential in WordPress seems to be designed exactly the way the Google bots think a webpage should be done and almost always will rank higher.
If you need more specific information about a particular website builder, please let me know which builder you are considering.

Online Marketing

Steve Kidd