Online Marketing/How to Create a delivery method for an ebook sold through a website

Question
Hi
Can I sell a product (Ebook )Via paypal on my Blog  page?
How do I do that?
my plane:
1 Make a public (non members) product page selling downloadable products (ebooks) using paypal button
2 those buying this product get to another page without password where they can download the ebook.
How can it be done? know any good guide, automated system?
All the best
Ran

Answer
Ran,

Selling digital products on the Internet is not really my strength as my business concentrates on getting sites seen online so businesses can get their phone to ring with new customers or clients.

However, I'll give this question a try.

Are you using Word Press or some other Blogging Platform? I am more familiar with WordPress.

If it were me, I would set up an auto-responder account on one of the many services available online, (You may already have done this). There are paid services such as A-Weber, Constant Contact etc and there are free services such as Mail Chimp.

Pay Pal offers codes and graphic buttons that you can insert into the page where you are selling the product. You then set up your auto responder to be the instrument which eventually delivers the product.

They click on the paypal button and are directed to the purchase area. They buy and receive a confirmation via your auto-responder. They click to confirm the email address (you now have their email address for future marketing purposes)and your auto responder then automatically delivers the E Book. You have set up the auto responder to do this in advance under their set up options.

I wouldn't redirect to another page because that is just one more step the consumers have to take and you skip the opportunity to build a list of buyers for the future.

Unless of course the page you redirect them to has other offers available that you might want them to see.

However, as a consumer, I hate the redirect and realize it's just another opportunity for the person to try and sell me something. But many marketing companies do this. I just want what I paid for and I want it now.

A Weber has great tutorials on this and Pay Pal also offers great instruction on how to pull this off.

http://www.aweber.com/videos.htm

Pay Pal offers these tips once you login in with your user id.

https://www.paypal.com

Then click on the "products and services" button.

Then click the "get paid" under the "Frequently Used Tools" section.

Then click on the "Add payment buttons Accept credit cards on your website"

You should be able to find what you need from there.

I hope this helps.

Feel free to follow up with any other questions.  

Online Marketing

Nat Griggs