Online Marketing/How to find new topics to blog about

subject: Topics for Blog Posts

Thanks for taking my question. I've just started a blog that provides how-to articles on Web development, design, programming and related subjects. How do I find out specific topics people are searching for, so I can write articles that attract them to my blog?

Thanks again.

This is a great question and I'm surprised I haven't been asked this before.

It is where it all begins right? Someone has a problem then you provide an answer or solution to that problem.

Many marketers have made the made the mistake (in my humble opinion) of creating a site or product but not researching the marketplace to see if there is a market.

The first place I would start would be Yahoo answers and their forums. You can sort through all the questions and see what someone might be asking about how to solve particular challenges in their web development, design or programming.

You could also Google "web development forums" and see what pops up.

Bookmark the sites and start to become involved with some of these by answering questions and engaging other people in the forum. Be careful not to try and sell something on these forums because you can become "Persona Non Grata" pretty quickly. After a while you could send them to a site that might have the answer they are looking for and slowly let them know what you do.

You should also use Google's "free" keyword tool (review some of my previous answers as I've written extensively about this wonderful tool) you can find long tail keywords that can then be rephrased into a question that you can answer on your Blog.

That's a start.

Let me know how you make out.

Oh, almost forgot, go to Amazon and research the titles of books on the subjects you want to delve into. Usually the author has titled it to address problems people are asking. Also go further and if they have the chapter titles available to review take a look at those. You might get some great topics for future posts.  

Online Marketing

Nat Griggs

Online marketing for business. On Page and off Page SEO to get better search engine results. Quality Link building and why it's important for your business and your website. How to read your competitors website source code and what to do with the information to out rank them in the search engines for your main keywords. (This is so easy you'll be spending the rest of the day snooping on all your competition) Why you need an auto responder for your email on your website and where to find the free ones. Where to find the terms people are using to find businesses like yours. How to fully optimize your Google Places/Maps listing so you get the most search engine power from this free service. Why the name of your business in your domain is killing your web site traffic and what to do about it. Why you should hire someone to write a business "white paper" about your industry and products or service. Video marketing and why videos put up on You Tube can rank on the first page of Google for your business in less than 72 hours and sometimes even the same day. Plenty more that might be willing to share.

Online marketing for 6 years. Sales and marketing for 30 years. Experience in copy writing, website development, and on and offline lead generation. Expertise with search engine optimization, search engine marketing, list building and direct response marketing.

Kenyon College 1983