Online Marketing/Selling an ebook through an autoreponder

Question
Hello Nat, you expertise are great. They are what I need to know at this point. Please I want you to find out time and give me a detailed answer to each question.

QUESTIONS:

1. Online marketing for business. I want to create ebooks in EPUB format. How can I go about it. I know html and css. I want you to tell me how to code for epub format. I can create ebooks in pdf format. But after creating the epub and pdf, how can I market them online?

2. Pls how can I improve on my on-Page and off-Page SEO? I want to overtake my competitors in search ranking. How can I read their source code and what are the things I should be looking for in the source code? How should I structure my meta tag and other html elements in my html body? How do I go about the link building stuff?

Thank you.

Answer
All good questions Alex.

If you can create a pdf then you've crested an ebook.

If you're looking to create a Kindle book to sell on Amazon or something like that there is a ton of free information online.

Coding for Epub format is beyond the scope of these answers but someone else might be able to help you on this site. Maybe under publishing? There is also information available on You tube regarding this but I think that is getting ahead of what you are looking to do.

The easiest way to sell an ebook from your site is to have a sales page with an email autoresponder link set up with Paypal

Load the ebook up into the autoresponder.

Go to PayPal and set up an account

When they buy the book an email gets sent to the buyer.

They click to confirm and the ebook is the emailed to the buyer.

You get the email address for further marketing activities.

I covered this in an answer not too long ago so go back and take a look.

As far as spying on your competitors all you really need to do is right click on the page that is outranking you and take a look at what they are doing. This will give you the source code and you can go from there to plot out your strategy.

On Firefox this shows up as "view page source".

Back linking is now becoming a very delicate step on SEO as Google's algorithms are changing more frequently than ever. They have been inclined, form what I have read, to discount the value or weight of backlinks and are now looking to rank sites based on social relevance.

This means they want want people sharing your site with other people because it has something of interest.

A way to accomplish this is to make sure that every post or new item you feature is posted to your FaceBook account, Twitter etc. Then the information gets passed around and is both horizontally and vertically integrated into the search stream. Te result is more views, more eyeballs and more popularity.

The days of buying your way to the front page are slowly becoming history.

Look at your competitors Meta tags and how they have set up their site. Learn from what they are doing.

There are programs both free and paid for that allow you to see who your competition is linking to. These can easily be found with a Google search.

Hope that helps

Online Marketing

Nat Griggs