Online Marketing/Marketing an Ebook

I saw your reply to someone on selling ebooks, so I am writing you concerning the same thing. (should not get an "expert can't answer question " reply.)
I am editing an ebook fiction novel about vampires in business. I didn't want to upload it on Amazon in Kindle Edition without a promotion or marketing plan.
I would appreciate any help.

Since this isn't about producing an EBook, layout etc I should be able to render some assistance.

It's about marketing so here we go.

How do you get the word out about the Ebook so someone will buy it?

If you have a website you can start there. Put up a page dedicated to the release of the book and provide some excerpts for a prospective reader to enjoy.

If you don't then you might consider picking up a domain name like if it's not already taken.

You could put out a press release through one of the many sites that offer such a service.

Make sure to get the press release over to all the major news services.

They are always looking for stories. If you want to appeal to your local market then contact your local papers and send them a press release and they can run an interview with a local author or something like that.

If you're on Facebook you could write a post about the book and link to your Amazon page or simply back to your own dedicated website. They would go to a page that also had a link to Amazon so could they could buy the book. You could also do this on Linked in. Heck anything you do should also be tweeted. The goal of all this is to build up a raving fan base and social relevance. It's all Google seems to be interested in these days in order to get any sort of ranking. If you're not popular or people aren't sharing your information around the web then you'll be left on page 999.

You might do a short video about the book with perhaps Windows movie maker or Apple's I Movie.
Set up a dedicated You Tube Page with it's own G mail account such as You can also produce a "free" 30 second video on Animoto and up load that onto YouTube and other video sharing sites like Daily Motion. There are also services that will get your video posted on a majority of the major video sharing sites.

Of course put a link to the video on FaceBook etc. and all the other social sharing sites I mentioned. And don't forget Pinterest.

Now vampires are a hot topic so you should do some keyword research on Google's keyword tool

and also their Trends tool

or their "Think with Google" site.

In a crude way this will help you determine what people are searching for when they are looking for something new to read in the arena of vampire literature. It's best to know your market and these sites can certainly help and will give you some insight into your future readership.

That's a start but I'm sure I'll think of something else today and will add to this answer.

PS Perhaps set up a lead capture page on your website simply asking for an email address to get a copy of the first chapter or two. Then you build up a list of future buyers for your next EBook.

Online Marketing

Nat Griggs

Online marketing for business. On Page and off Page SEO to get better search engine results. Quality Link building and why it's important for your business and your website. How to read your competitors website source code and what to do with the information to out rank them in the search engines for your main keywords. (This is so easy you'll be spending the rest of the day snooping on all your competition) Why you need an auto responder for your email on your website and where to find the free ones. Where to find the terms people are using to find businesses like yours. How to fully optimize your Google Places/Maps listing so you get the most search engine power from this free service. Why the name of your business in your domain is killing your web site traffic and what to do about it. Why you should hire someone to write a business "white paper" about your industry and products or service. Video marketing and why videos put up on You Tube can rank on the first page of Google for your business in less than 72 hours and sometimes even the same day. Plenty more that might be willing to share.

Online marketing for 6 years. Sales and marketing for 30 years. Experience in copy writing, website development, and on and offline lead generation. Expertise with search engine optimization, search engine marketing, list building and direct response marketing.

Kenyon College 1983