Online Marketing/New domain rankings and how content may effect a review site

Question
Hi Nat Griggs,
I have built a site about best vacuum for pet hair(http://vacuumforpethairguide.com). But when I search best vacuum for pet hair, I can't find my site:(.

How to improve my site's Google ranking?
Thanks in advance!

Answer
Karen,

It looks like you bought your domain on April 23rd of 2013.

Is that right? There is one search result that speaks to 2010 but I don't believe that's the case, correct?

Registration Service Provided By: Namecheap.com
Contact:
Visit: http://namecheap.com
Registered through: eNom, Inc.

Domain name: vacuumforpethairguide.com

Creation date: 24 Apr 2013 02:17:00
Expiration date: 23 Apr 2014 18:17:00

I found your site online by typing your domain in Google like this "vacuumforpethairguide" with the quotes then hitting search.

Here are the results from the first two pages on Google and it tells me a few things as it should you.

vacuumforpethairguide.com - Domain name and website info ...
   domains-by-day.com/.../vacuumforpethairguide.com-domain-name-data.ht...

Apr 25, 2013 – vacuumforpethairguide.com - domain name information. Geographic data : United States, , Provo.

VacuumForPetHairGuide.com - Whois - DomainTools
   whois.domaintools.com/vacuumforpethairguide.com

Apr 23, 2013 – VacuumForPetHairGuide.com - Best vacuum for pet hair :: A site help you Finding The Best Vacuum To Clean Up Pet Hair and Finding The ...

vacuumforpethairguide.com : information about this newly registered ...
   wschange.com/new/2013/04/24/vacuumforpethairguide.com

Apr 24, 2013 – vacuumforpethairguide.com : information about this newly registered domain name the 2013-04-24 - WSChange.com.

Vacuumforpethairguide.com - Best vacuum for pet hair! - top rated ...
   domainsigma.com/whois/vacuumforpethairguide.com?

Jan 13, 2010 – Learn more about vacuumforpethairguide.com and its related websites with the help of latest information and statistics about the website.

vacuumforpethairguide.com - Website and Domain information data ...
   wsdata.com/2013.../vacuumforpethairguide.com-domain-information.html

Apr 25, 2013 – vacuumforpethairguide.com - domain information. United States, , Provo.

vacuumforpethairguide.com Best Vacuum For Pet Hair! - Top Rated ...
   name911.com/whois/VACUUMFORPETHAIRGUIDE.COM?

Apr 23, 2013 – Best vacuum for pet hair :: A site help you Finding The Best Vacuum To Clean Up Pet Hair and Finding The Best Vacuum To Avoid Allergies!

Privacy Policy | Best Vacuum For Pet Hair!
   vacuumforpethairguide.com/privacy-policy?
     Privacy Policy for www.VacuumForPetHairGuide.com If you require any more information or have any questions about our privacy policy, please feel free to.

Disclaimer | Best Vacuum For Pet Hair!
   vacuumforpethairguide.com/disclaimer?
   Disclaimer for VacuumForPetHairGuide If you require any more information or have any questions about our site's disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by.

vacuumforpethairguide.com nslookup results - Dnstoolkit
   dnstoolkit.net/nslookup/vacuumforpethairguide.com?
   vacuumforpethairguide.com nslookup results. Display vacuumforpethairguide.com domain name system (DNS) records.

vacuumforpethairguide.com : ??????? ?? ?????? | WSGiga
   ar.wsgiga.com/vacuumforpethairguide.com - Translate this page
   vacuumforpethairguide.com : ??????? ??? ??? ?????? / ??? ???? (?????? ??????? DNS? ????? IP? ...) ?? WSGiga.

10 Powerful Pet Hair Vacuums (Even on Hardwoods)! - PetSugar
   www.petsugar.com/10-Powerful-Pet-Hair-Vacuums-Even-Hardwoods-7...?
   May 25, 2012 – I bought the Miele S7260 Cat & Dog Upright Vacuum Cleaner after read this review http://vacuumforpethairguide.com/miele-s7260-cat-dog- ...

guid domains registered on Apr 25, 2013.
   2013.netorginfo.com/20130425/guid.htm?
   Apr 25, 2013 – ... http://www.tourguide114.com; http://www.tripsguider.com; http://www.trollingmotorbatteryguide.com; http://www.vacuumforpethairguide.com ...

Best Vacuum for pet hair - SlideShare
   www.slideshare.net/asirnasig/best-vacuum-for-pet-hair-22104521?
   5 days ago – You can read more reviews and tips by visit our site:?http://vacuumforpethairguide.com/. Follow us on LinkedIn · Follow us on Twitter · Find us ...

email protected - IPAddressDen
   www.ipaddressden.com/.../6187ee05c340483e98b40ee25ccdc3f9.protec...?
   We also link domains to email addresses by using our internal algorithm. The email [email protected] is related to these domains : 1. vacuumforpethairguide.com ...

email protected - WhoisMind.com
   www.whoismind.com/.../6187ee05c340483e98b40ee25ccdc3f9.protect...?

10so8.com Whois information - XVODA DOMAIN WHOIS - Xvoda.com
   www.xvoda.com/10so8.com?
   Apr 27, 2013 – COM - akadesain.com - guitaringlessons.com - PSCFLEX.COM - piu.com.cn - VACUUMFORPETHAIRGUIDE.COM - HERMESBIRKIN-BAGS.

Rebels Kill 4 Policemen in Kashmir | VOX6 BREAKING NEWS
   www.vox6.com/news/rebels-kill-4-policemen-in-kashmir?
   COM - jocuri-noi.net - nofeehost.com - psychologymania.com - VACUUMFORPETHAIRGUIDE.COM - ECHEALTHYCOMMUNITIES.ORG - THEJUDYFAMILY.

Newly Domains Registered on 2013-04-25
   www.newly-registered-domains.com/domains-2013-04-25-520.html?
   Apr 25, 2013 – vacuumforpethairguide.com, vacuumparts1.com. vacuumsalesamherst.com, vacuumsfactory.com. vadgq.com, vadisipusu.com. vadobaby.com ...

This is the meta description from your home page.

<meta name="description" content="Best vacuum for pet hair :: A site help you Finding The Best Vacuum To Clean Up Pet Hair and Finding The Best Vacuum To Avoid Allergies!" />

These are your keywords from your home page.

<meta name="keywords" content="Best Vacuum For Pet Hair,best vacuum cleaner for pet hair,best vacuum for pet hair 2013" />

If I type those keywords into Google what do I find?

Best Vacuum For Pet Hair - This keyword phrase delivers 2,280,000 search results. You are on the first page and it's your slideshare presentation with this as the script.

1. THE BEST VACUUM FOR PETTHE BEST VACUUM FOR PETTo Reveal the Best Vacuum Click the Button!To Reveal the Best Vacuum Click the Button!
   2. Best Upright Pet Hair VacuumBest Upright Pet Hair VacuumWe searched high and low to find the ultimate upright pet hair vacuum. AfterWe searched high and low to find the ultimate upright pet hair vacuum. Afterour research we narrowed it down to 3 top contenders. They are drasticallyour research we narrowed it down to 3 top contenders. They are drasticallydifferent in price and performance. We have listed our top picks in order of bestdifferent in price and performance. We have listed our top picks in order of bestperformance (which correlates with price.performance (which correlates with price.1) Sebo X4 Review – This AMAZING German made vacuum can suck pet hair1) Sebo X4 Review – This AMAZING German made vacuum can suck pet hairout of any material, and the attachments that come with this EXTRA packageout of any material, and the attachments that come with this EXTRA packageallow you to reach ANYWHERE.allow you to reach ANYWHERE.Click Here for the Best Price
   3. Best Upright Pet Hair VacuumBest Upright Pet Hair Vacuum2) Dyson DC41 Animal Review – The Dyson DC41 Animal is a very well made2) Dyson DC41 Animal Review – The Dyson DC41 Animal is a very well madepet vac, but it is not as sturdy as the Sebo X4. We really like the ball technologypet vac, but it is not as sturdy as the Sebo X4. We really like the ball technologythat allows for easy maneuvering. The suction on this Dyson is very adequatethat allows for easy maneuvering. The suction on this Dyson is very adequateand all the attachments work well. Overall, this is a very competent contender.and all the attachments work well. Overall, this is a very competent contender.It does have HEPA filtration, but if you suffer from allergies it is better to use aIt does have HEPA filtration, but if you suffer from allergies it is better to use apet vacuum with both filtration and a micro filtration bag.pet vacuum with both filtration and a micro filtration bag.Click Here for the Best Price
   4. Best Upright Pet Hair VacuumBest Upright Pet Hair Vacuum3) Carpet Pro CPU – 2T Review – Not only is this vacuum EXTREMELY WELL3) Carpet Pro CPU – 2T Review – Not only is this vacuum EXTREMELY WELLMADE, but it is relatively inexpensive. This model can be purchased for underMADE, but it is relatively inexpensive. This model can be purchased for under$300, and you really can’t find a better quality vacuum at this price. The CPU –$300, and you really can’t find a better quality vacuum at this price. The CPU –2T has ample suction and good filtration. You can vacuum pet hair out of short2T has ample suction and good filtration. You can vacuum pet hair out of shortfiber to long fiber carpets, and the attachments make this a good choice for afiber to long fiber carpets, and the attachments make this a good choice for abudget pet hair vacuum.budget pet hair vacuum.Click Here for the BestPrice
   5. Best Canister Vacuum for PetBest Canister Vacuum for PetHairHairWE hope we’ve been helpful in your search for the best vacuum for pet hair.Check back for our reviews of the best canister vacuum for pet hair.If you would like to read more reviews you are welcome to visit our website atwww.pet-hair-vacuums.com. There you can read more in-depth reviews andmake suggestions for our next review!
   6. Best Canister Vacuum for PetBest Canister Vacuum for PetHairHairWE hope we’ve been helpful in your search for the best vacuum for pet hair.Check back for our reviews of the best canister vacuum for pet hair.If you would like to read more reviews you are welcome to visit our website atwww.pet-hair-vacuums.com. There you can read more in-depth reviews andmake suggestions for our next review!

Unfortunately this should have been proofread before being published. It looks like a keyword stuffed presentation designed to catch the Google bots interest. Reading it all the way through was painful. I'm not an English Professor but you have to agree with me that it is stilted grammatically incorrect English.

THE BEST VACUUM FOR PETTHE BEST VACUUM FOR PETTo Reveal the Best Vacuum Click the     Button!To Reveal the Best Vacuum Click the Button!

Best Upright Pet Hair VacuumBest Upright Pet Hair VacuumWe searched high and low to find the ultimate upright pet hair vacuum. AfterWe searched high and low to find the ultimate upright pet hair vacuum. Afterour research we narrowed it down to 3 top contenders. They are drasticallyour research we narrowed it down to 3 top contenders. They are drasticallydifferent in price and performance. We have listed our top picks in order of bestdifferent in price and performance.

Tsk, tsk, tsk......that's my finger wagging andI'm not sitting in judgement. I just want you to think how you would react reading that description of your slideshare above. Would you feel compelled to take that person's advice and spend 500 bucks on a vacuum?

Hmmmmmmmm......

I go into more detail on this below so please have a thick skin and understand that this is a small effort on my part to help you stop a bad practice.

best vacuum cleaner for pet hair - delivers 1,200,00 results and you are on the first and second page.

best vacuum for pet hair 2013 - delivers 9,000,000 results and you are at the bottom of the first page.

I'm guessing you wanted to know about SEO because perhaps your site is not making enough money or any money for that matter. If that's the case then there may be a number of reasons

First, it looks like a majority of other wordpress review sites that Guru's say you can put up and people will just click on the review, buy the product and you get your piece of the action from Amazon. Just rinse and repeat and you get Automatic profits. Heck it just costs you a domain for 10 bucks and hosting for as little as 5 bucks a month for the first year.

Second, the writing is difficult to read. If you wrote this yourself then hire an editor on Fiverr to make it more readable and compelling. It sounds and reads like a spun article to me. Google is on the hunt to punish sites that do not incorporate original content. If you can't write or have a challenge writing you can certainly hire someone on Elance or textbroker to generate good, easy to read review descriptions that get people exited about the prospect of buying something.

About US

The Best vacuum for pet hair is a site that help you to pick up The Best Vacuum To Clean Up Pet Hair.

Most of the time we are having a problem with our dog, cat or other pet's hair. But, it is not such a big problem to hire a maid servant to clean up your pet hair.

A Vacuum is the best choice to clean up pet hair!

That writing is from your About Us page - Ouch!

Third, you need to engage your audience. Bring something new to the table. Why would they buy from your site if they could just go to Amazon directly. Why is your site so different than the thousands of other review sites online?

What are your keywords? What are your long tail keywords. What are the money keywords?
What is the demographic of your target audience? What can you add to this site that would keep people interested in staying.

Google is all about relevance to the search topic and social sharing. Is this site so great that people would want to share the link? Not now but maybe it can be.

You've done some nice work but in order to see what's happening with the site, how much traffic you're getting, where those visitors are coming from, and how long they're staying you should get am adwords account which will then let you tie into Google Analytics. You put the code on your site and get a ton of data which will help you understand a bit better how to tweak and improve your user's experience. I've written about how to go about this in an earlier answer so go back and take a look.

Finally, please. please don't sign up for any back link packages. Your search results will get hampered and once these sites link to you and Google finds the back link coming from a bad character they will punish you and it is near impossible to undo the back link. Your linking should be from social relevance and sites that have something to do with getting good information into the eyes of the consumer.

Hope that helps a bit.

99% of internet wannabees never get as far as you have Karen so you should be proud of your accomplishments thus far.

However, you can and should improve the site and user experience.

PS: Don't just look to Amazon to monetize your site.

Banner ads, Ad Sense, Affiliate links to articles getting rid of pet hair. Pay per click ads, Pay per view etc.  

Online Marketing

Nat Griggs