Online Marketing/What is Online Marketing

Question

What is online marketing? If I was to use it in my work, how best can I exploit it?

Thank you.

Answer
Anita,

Online marketing is a general term which covers a wide range of Internet related activities businesses use to generate revenue.
Or Charities and Foundations use to raise money.

More specifically it covers any type of marketing that is done through the use of a computer, smart phone, I Pad or anything that has an Internet connection.

There are many types of online matketing including but not limited to

Websites
Email
Text Messaging
Online Magazines, Newspapers, Blogs
Pay Per Click Advertising- Google, Yahoo Bing etc.
Pay Per View Advertising - Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
Video Marketing - for example You Tube
Twitter
Linked In
FaceBook
MySpace
and many more examples.

The internet is world wide and free except for a paid ad that you might see on for example a Google search result page.

This is why it should be part of any serious marketing plan

The greater challenge is how to effectively use this opportunity to market your products - see http://www.amazon.com-or services.

I'm not sure one can "exploit" online marketing. Perhaps you meant "take advantage"?

Online marketing is no different than marketing that is done "offline"

It starts with a marketing plan with well defined objectives and quantifiable timelines, budgets etc.

Hope this.helps

Online Marketing

Nat Griggs