Online Marketing/How to Grow a LOCAL Email List

Hi Chris,

My name is Igor, and I am a personal trainer based in Toronto, Canada.

Over the past 1.5 years, I've been able to grow my list to just over 1100 people, and it's all been through public speaking engagements. So in the middle of my talk, I'd offer people the opportunity to sign up for my fitness newsletter.

I wanted to get your opinion on what I could do to build my email list online. I'm really only looking for local (people from the Greater Toronto Area) subscribers. I already have a website (, and a number of squeeze pages (, and

I was wondering what methods you might use if you were in the same shoes as me. Ideally, these methods:

- Add only local subscribers
- Can be outsourced. I'm a gym rat, not a full-time internet marketer. So I have big problems sitting in front of the computer for long periods of time.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Craigslist ads

Also, here is a great article from a blog I follow, with great suggestions I was going to give you, but this will give you greater detail:

You can also use your LinkedIn profile and download the emails of those that you are linked to, the drip and email to them asking them if they'd be interested in getting your newsletter.

Go to Craigslist and post an ad for "Social Media Intern", then have the intern focus on building your email list using the above methods.

Good luck.

Best regards,
Chris Brewer
Online Marketing Giant, LLC

Online Marketing

Chris Brewer

I can answer virtually any question as it relates to Online Marketing including SEO, SEM, SMO, Email and Lead Generation (Search engine optimization, Search engine marketing and Social Media Optimization). I can answer both tactically and strategically.

I've been an experienced online marketer since the dawn of the internet. Experienced in pay per click advertising since 1996 and search engine marketing since 2004. I currently own an Online Marketing firm with clients from coast to coast. I personally coach hundreds of independent marketing advisors in the field on weekly coaching calls. I'm different because my background is traditional marketing, so I offer a unique perspective in the online category.

Springfield Missouri Chamber of Commerce AFCP (American Free Community Paper Association) Leadership & Teamwork Institute Internet Marketing "Master" with DotComSecrets Local

DotComSecrets Journal (trade journal) Published book: 7 Down & Dirty Secrets to Demand from Your Marketing Insider Journal Ezine Articles

BA in Broadcast Production from Abilene Christian University Two Years Harding University Two Years Mississippi State University

Multiple awards for professional selling in organizations I've worked. Most of my accomplishments have been in helping fellow entrepreneurs get out of their own way and succeed.

Do not disclose