Online Marketing/emailing PDF event announcement

Question
QUESTION: Hi. I have an event that I will want to announce via email, but I prefer not to use Chimp or Constant Contact, or similar services, because they require physical address. In prior emails I tried putting a nicely designed PDF announcement into the email, but the PDF did not display automatically on the recipient's email. It just showed as an icon, and the recipient would have to click it open. How can I send a PDF on email so that it displays fully as soon the recipient opens the email?

Thanks.

ANSWER: I'm pretty sure you would have to use HTML in the email instead of PDF. You could use Mail Chimp or AWEBER to make the HTML then just past the code into the email I think. Be sure to use a test. You'll need to host the images on a server. I found this video that may help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui9AVcJdugE

I hope this helps you a little.

If you don't have photoshop you may be able to use GIMP.org

Best wishes,

Stephanie

QUESTION: Thanks. I tried copy/pasting the html from the MailChimp announcement I created into my email as a test. When I look at the email I sent to myself, all I see is the html code, but no normal text or pictures. Is there any tip you can give me on this? Thanks.

ANSWER: I will need to research this some more. If I don't get back to you in a couple days respond to this again so I will have it in my Que. Thanks

QUESTION: That's fine - looking forward to seeing what you find out.

Answer
I've been looking this up and the best advice I've seen so far is to make an image (JPG) of the PDF. Put the image within the email. Allow them to click on it to read the PDF hosted on your website. I hope this answers your question and works for you.

Online Marketing

Stephanie Watson