Online Marketing/Website rank

Question
How can i read my competitors website source code and what to do with the information to out rank them in the search engines for my main keywords?

Answer
Ali,

Reading your competitors website is easily done by right clicking on the page you want to review and clicking view page source on Mozilla and something similar to that on Explorer and Chrome.

Once the code is up I would copy the page and paste it into a good notepad program like Notepad plus plus. That way you can review in detail what your competitor is up to.

The other part of the question is a little too complex to answer in this forum but I'll give you a couple of ideas to get started.

One doesn't simply need to outrank the competition for one keyword but to look at their website from a holistic level. Google has got this latent semantic indexing search pretty well perfected so you have to look at all the phrases and keywords they might be using to stay on the first page.

The Google search bot has become quite sophisticated and is now beginning to understand the intent of a page. Gone are the days of keyword stuffing to try and rank high in the search engine.

I'd go to their site map and see how they have their site configured. Are they providing links within each page to create a sort of heirarchy? Is it filled with good, helpful readable content? Do they have outbound links to higher PR sites to help the reader gain more knowledge?

Inbound links may be helping them but without useful information that's not going to get them to the first page.

Hope that helps a little bit  

Online Marketing

Nat Griggs