Online Marketing/Selling A Domain Name

Question
Hello Justin,
 I created a domain name that I would like to offer up for sale, but am uncertain as to how to go about this.  I registered the name in October 2013, which gives rise to another question - is registering the name sufficient protection against someone appropriating the name, or should one copyright the name as well?
If you could kindly suggest how or where to offer it for sale, I would sincerely appreciate it.  Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hi Sandra,

In my experience, it's probably best to set up your domain name for sale/auction via GoDaddy Auctions.  They have one of the largest domain auctions available which means you'll get the most exposure to buyers looking for domain names.

If you are simply selling the domain name it shouldn't be necessary to get a trademark on the name.

I hope this helps in your efforts.

Justin

Online Marketing

Justin Lofton