Online Marketing/does pointing an exaxt match domain to your main site help with seo?

seo  pointing domain vs using domain name
i own  an online printing services company in manhtattan.  I just purchased the domain name .
How can i use the new domain name to increase my seo for my current website.. If i forward the  to   is that a good idea or do you have a better suggestion.
thank you

Good to hear from you.

Pointing a domain does nothing for seo purposes.

I would dedicate that domain to a site about presentation folders. Get into some detail and then provide links to the other site so they can order anything. That way Google sees it as a relevant site about folders.

For example, you might have posts dedicated to answering questions people have regarding folders and providing the answer. That way when they enter their question in Google your blog post shows up quickly and with any luck on the first page.

Also pages dedicated to different types of folders - folders with holes already in them, folders without holes, glossy etc.,. And how they get used in the business world.

Maybe a page on the history of presentation folders - did the Romans or Egyptians develop the idea? Keeps the site light and interesting.

From Wikipedia -"Although the origin of the file folder is uncertain, many theories point to U.S. Civil War lieutenant Joseph P. Meisburger as the first to develop the concept."

Also from Wikipedia

A presentation folder is a kind of folder that holds loose papers or documents together for organization and protection. Presentation folders usually consist of a sheet of heavy paper stock or other thin, but stiff, material which is folded in half with pockets in order to keep paper documents. Presentation folders function much like that of a file folder for organizational purposes. They can be either printed or plain and can be used, amongst other things, as a tool for business presentations to customers to aid in the sales process.
Uses of presentation folders

Presentation folders come in many different styles to suit a variety of purposes. Most all are produced by a company to provide marketing for a product (business) and/or service, but they can fulfil other functions. A few examples would be a company producing a new product and wanted to show their customers all the benefits of that product in an organized fashion, or folders used to organise documents for distribution to delegates at a conference.

Some types of presentation folders:

Standard 9" x 12" two-pocket
   Tri-fold or Tri-panel
   Capacity (usually with a 1/4"+ spine to hold more)
   Tabbed (for use in hanging files or filing cabinets)
   Mini or small
   Green or Eco-friendly

You can fill out a site by going into how your company is the best at producing these types of folders. Then put a hyperlink to have then "click here to get more information" That link then sends the viewer directly to the presentation folder order area on your site.

When you type in presentation folders in Google it comes back with 6 million results and related topics at the bottom show this

Searches related to presentation folders

custom presentation folders

wholesale presentation folders

linen presentation folders

presentation folders printing

blank presentation folders

presentation folders design

presentation folders staples

photo presentation folders

If I type in best presentation folders it comes back with over 7 million results and these related searches

Searches related to best presentation folders

list the best presentation folder designs

presentation folders data

presentation folder printing

interesting folder designs

good folder design

best pocket folder design

best pocket folder knife

linen pocket folders
I think if you include images and good detail on presentation folders you should be able to achieve some rank just based on the exact match domain and if they type in best presentation folders when they search.

What do you think?

All the best

Online Marketing

Nat Griggs

Online marketing for business. On Page and off Page SEO to get better search engine results. Quality Link building and why it's important for your business and your website. How to read your competitors website source code and what to do with the information to out rank them in the search engines for your main keywords. (This is so easy you'll be spending the rest of the day snooping on all your competition) Why you need an auto responder for your email on your website and where to find the free ones. Where to find the terms people are using to find businesses like yours. How to fully optimize your Google Places/Maps listing so you get the most search engine power from this free service. Why the name of your business in your domain is killing your web site traffic and what to do about it. Why you should hire someone to write a business "white paper" about your industry and products or service. Video marketing and why videos put up on You Tube can rank on the first page of Google for your business in less than 72 hours and sometimes even the same day. Plenty more that might be willing to share.

Online marketing for 6 years. Sales and marketing for 30 years. Experience in copy writing, website development, and on and offline lead generation. Expertise with search engine optimization, search engine marketing, list building and direct response marketing.

Kenyon College 1983